Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Options

Setting up HA and un-used x0 interface

A_BlokeA_Bloke Newbie ✭
edited June 2023 in Mid Range Firewalls

Hi, In our setup the x0 interface is not used and as I understand it we have to link x0 on both the primary and backup units. My confusion is, Should the x0 interface be numbered with a different subnet to any other int or should it be unnumbered?. And which subnet should one use for monitoring? I manage the primary with an ip on interface x25 sfp+; should I pick an ip from the same range as my int x25?

Category: Mid Range Firewalls

Best Answers

Answers

• Options
    A_BlokeA_Bloke Newbie ✭

oops asked question in wrong section. should be in mid range firewalls.

can’t see how to move or delete my question. could moderator move it or some lovely person guide silly me.

• Options
    A_ElliottA_Elliott Enthusiast ✭✭

My 2700s in HA work without using X0. I use x16 for LAN, and then x18 is dedicated to HA tasks (has the two dots for "direct CPU access".

It works great, and I haven't had an issue with it. My x0 still has the default IP assigned, and isn't connected physically to anything at all.

• Options
    A_BlokeA_Bloke Newbie ✭

HI Guys, Thanks for the input ... I tried with and without x0 connected and the firewalls HA'd. However, I had a console session running and there was a nag about; couldn't find x0 ... so I connected it directly for good messure :).

So x0 is numberred with the default ip 192.168.168.168/24 (a network which I do not use) and without management or the primary / secondary ips (would not be able to connect that way anyways).

So, thanks muchly for the input and to the community manager for popping the question into the correct heading.

cheers

me😊