Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Minor Rant - Obtaining files for support

LarryLarry All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

CSR for an open case sent me this KB this morning to remind me to send the console log.

I'm looking at the Gen 7 instructions, which state that 7 log files must be submitted for support.

I will admit this is carefully and succinctly documented. However, the entire process is tedious and time-consuming.

I'm left wondering why there isn't ONE button to push to gather ALL the files and then pop-up a window asking for the ticket number before sending them off to support.

Anyone else think that would be helpful?

Category: Entry Level Firewalls

Comments

• BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

@Larry a one-click-stop for creating a Technical Support Package including everything needed would be convinient and it would be even better when Support actually looking into the stuff provided. Thankfully no recent support incidents.

--Michael@BWC

• LarryLarry All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

I am definitely going to bring this up during next week's webinar (SonicWall Partner Support 101 Basics & Advanced).

• ArkwrightArkwright All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

Yes, they could call it a "tech support report" and have it include all of the useful information in one shot.

They could even have it generate a unique filename with a time stamp in it that ISN'T TOO LONG FOR THEIR AWFUL HELPDESK SOFTWARE!