Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

How to change the Tenant Name on SonicWall NSM?

Nayro01Nayro01 Newbie ✭
edited December 2022 in Entry Level Firewalls

I had changed the name of my tenant on MySonicWall - My Workspace | Dashboard, however, the new name has not been updated on NSM.

When trying to manually updated on NSM, the edit button is gray out and I unable to make any changes.

Any ideas how I can reflect the new name or change it on SonicWall NSM?

Thank you,

• Nayro

Category: Entry Level Firewalls
Tagged:

Answers

• LarryLarry All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

In NSM, if you go to the Tenants link and click the Refresh icon in the upper right-hand side of the Tenants list, does it not pick up the change?

If not, suggest the usual: clear cache, close the browser, launch it again and check. If that fails, then it's time to contact Support.

• jwardjward SonicWall Employee

Nayro,

I will have to agree with Larry. If you have already made the Tenant name change in your Mysonicwall.com dashboard, click the refresh icon in the Tenant drop down box and see if the name shows up properly.

• Nayro01Nayro01 Newbie ✭

Tried this and it did not worked. When calling support, they suggested to wait for an update on their end (which fixed some commits issues we had) but not the Tenants name change on NSM. I will have to called them again and see what they said since it seems that the Tenants name change should be done on MySonicWall so it can be reflected on NSM.

• TKWITSTKWITS Community Legend ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023

I would just create a new tenant with the proper name and move the appropriate things to it.

The fact that designers are including MANUAL REFRESH BUTTONS is infuriating as it is, but waiting for support to fix something might take a while...

Don't forget to hit that refresh button after creating the new tenant...