Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Firmware upgrade failing - Image too large

Using GMS 9.3 - Trying to upload new firmware to our remote units (various, TZ500, TZ600 and NSA2600) each unit gets to 95%, pauses and then the upload fails with this message. Status: The firmware upload failed. This image is too large for this device.

Tried this procedure on multiple remote devices, each fails as stated above.

I have restarted the units per one kb i found and that did not help. Trying to upload 6.5.4.10-95n to each of the devices.

Opened ticket 44103729, was never given an answer other than to call in, I called in met with a rep and they opened ticket 44107055, no resolution. Was told to "please try the firmware upgrade procedure from a different browser & incognito mode." which i did. Same result.

Anyone else run into this?

Very frustrating.

Thanks

Category: Entry Level Firewalls

Best Answer

• CORRECT ANSWER
    JBaumannJBaumann Newbie ✭
    Answer ✓

Well, the suggestion i got from support was to restart the sonicwalls in safe mode....locally. That would require about 1000 miles, multiple over night trips and numerous hours to do so.

I did get the upgrades to work WITHOUT having to do the above. Still no clear answer as to why i was getting the error, but for now i am happy as they are upgraded.

For anyone that is interested,

From GMS

Click on the remote firewall

Scroll to System \ Register\Upgrades\Firmware Upgrade

Create the backup image

Choose File (if you already have the file downloaded then choose the file)

Upgrade from Local File

Once upgraded, i was unable to get about half of these units to talk to GMS and relay the updated information to GMS, the others i had to remove and re add them to GM which is not ideal.

I was able to login to all units once done and confirm the upgrade completed.

Best of luck to you that run into this issue, this might help.

Answers

• JBaumannJBaumann Newbie ✭

No one has run into this? Hmmm...

Still no resolution from support yet, it's been a week now.

• LarryLarry All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

Not to make light of your awful experience, but.

Well, the suggestion i got from support was to restart the sonicwalls in safe mode....locally. That would require about 1000 miles, multiple over night trips and numerous hours to do so.

Perfect definition of "Zero Touch"... LOL!