Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

SonicOS 7 Notification Center - configurable?

I've tried to do my due diligence by searching the documentation, the web and these forums for an answer to no avail.

Since upgrading to a gen 7 firewall and trying to get accustomed to the new user interface, I am plagued with (what I consider) useless notifications in the Notification Center with no apparent way to delete them or configure what gets sent there.

I DON'T need to know every single day where the logs and alerts are emailed to - if that is changed, I would be the one to change it. I DON'T need to know when an NTP server has an occasional hiccup - that's already in my logs.

After a while, you tend to ignore the notification bubble because you know it will ALWAYS be the same messages.

Is there a way to first - delete them and second - configure what is actually sent to the center?

Russ

Category: Entry Level Firewalls

Answers

• dalebdaleb Newbie ✭

Same issue with a new TZ370. Did you ever find a solution?

• RussFRussF Newbie ✭

Nope - still just ignoring them 'cause they always say the same thing.

Russ

• LarryLarry All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

@RussF because it is already baked in, there are only two ways in which this "feature" is going to change.

One is if it is already on the Sonic OS 7 roadmap for additional functionality.

The other is to contact your Sales or Partner representative and put in a Request for Enhancement.

As with all the other Boundless 2022 blinky lights of the new OS, I'm in agreement with you: simply going to ignore it

Product Managers, take note...

• RussFRussF Newbie ✭

In another thread, @daleb was somehow able to find a screenshot of the notification center with trashcans to delete. Neither my search online, nor looking in the sonicos-7-0-about.pdf (downloaded Feb 7) turned up the same view - everything I have been able to find does not have those icons on them.

"Product Managers, take note..."

Um...I won't be holding my breath. :)

Russ

You mean like this?

That's the interface from NSM, which also has those annoying messages. I spent the better part of six months trying to get the check mark to acknowledge a notification to work. It might with the most recent update, but I haven't wasted another minute on this awful cloud-based mess of a product offering.

The code base is the same for NSM as it is for SonicOS, so it is possible that it may be included, but I'd rather not hold my breath...

• EnaEna SonicWall Employee

Hi All,

I've flagged this with our Product Management team, and they are adding this feature request to their roadmap.

Thanks for your feedback and patience!

• ArcSissyArcSissy Newbie ✭

Our patience is being tempted.

Still no final solution to the matter?

• RussFRussF Newbie ✭

It's only been a year and a half - you have to give them time - this IS SonicWall, after all!

Russ

There is simply no financial incentive or overwhelming reason for anyone to make the changes necessary to fix this and work as we expect.

It was undoubtedly part of some design scheme very early on. The fact that no one looked more closely during development at the missing functionality is bothersome - there were some significantly urgent issues to address then. That this feature was lacking all of its functionality when it was released is upsetting - but if you recall, we were in the early stages of a pandemic.

However, only a few vocal "antagonists" are complaining; the rest (I assume) simply ignore the blinky lights, as I do. Regrettably, if one day SonicWall ever starts to use blinky lights as an indicator of a serious problem, they will be astonished to learn how ineffective they are - having conditioned everyone to ignore them.

• KENCKENC Newbie ✭

2024 and still no fix

Personally I'm not surprised

HTML email alerts and reports are still being sent with "Bare linefeed's" which was initially reported to them in 2021 with OS 5.*