Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Gen7 Firmware 7.0.1-5052 released

BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭
edited April 2022 in Mid Range Firewalls

In my ongoing series of Firmware announcements: 7.0.1-5052 is available for download on MSW.

The Release Notes are containing a whopping 4 Pages list of resolved bugs, I guess there is something for everyone :) This might be a summary for the whole 7.0.1-505x releases.

No experience with this release as of now, but I'll deploy it shortly.

--Michael@BWC

Category: Mid Range Firewalls

Comments

• LarryLarry All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

Ran both sets of items through some filters and it turns out that the latest list of Resolved issues omits this entry:

GEN7-30588 On NSsp 15700 devices, blade synchronization issues may be reported when trying to log in using the default administrator credentials with using Two-Factor Authentication

Everything else on the Resolved list and the Additional References list is the same as the 5051 documentation.

I honestly can't help but wonder: What is going on?

• BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

@Larry that's a bummer, I was hoping for the better, but it seems we have to figure out what have been really changed between releases by ourselfs.

--Michael@BWC

• RussFRussF Newbie ✭

Yes, and that is truly a sad state of affairs. This forum is SUPPOSEDLY monitored by tech support staff, and there are SO many questions that could be resolved quickly by one of them, but you RARELY see any of them respond (unless, of course, someone needs to be chastised by @Terri ). Stepping off my soapbox now...

Russ

• ThKThK Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

@RussF ...well i won't say anything...

--Thomas (back under cover)

• LarryLarry All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

Well this keeps on being weird. I am going to have to retract my statement of April 12 (but I can't edit or delete it).

Someone must have gone back and updated the Gen 7 Release Notes.

Rev N, for 5051, now shows only 5 Resolved Items.

Rev P, for 5052, now shows 66 Resolved Items.

Glad this was rectified.

• TKWITSTKWITS Community Legend ✭✭✭✭✭

Another fine example of frAGILE development.

• oomphionoomphion Newbie ✭

I don't think there was anything rectified. If you look at the 5 items of Rev N, they are first ones in the list of 66 items for Rev P. And the older ones are from older releases..