Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

SSL-VPN Sessions count is different than Active Users

SSL-VPN Sessions count is different than Active Users even though all users are connected with SSL VPN Client. Why are they not the same?

Category: Mid Range Firewalls
Tagged:

Answers

• AjishlalAjishlal Community Legend ✭✭✭✭✭

@WillD44

Disable the multiple logins from same SSL VPN user.

If you are using SMA, Follow the below KB.

• ThKThK Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

@WillD44 even if you only logged in the VirtualOffice no License is counted. If you use a bookmark then the licensing counts.

think also about the mobiles they could block a license with the same user credentials. So think about advice from @Ajishlal and check this setting also on other Portals

--Thomas

• ArkwrightArkwright All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

You didn't say how different. As you are logged into the management interface, then it has to differ by at least 1.

• WillD44WillD44 Newbie ✭

Even if multiple logins is disabled there are still users appearing under Active Users with the type/mode of SSL VPN Client that do not appear under SSL-VPN Sessions. What is the different between Active Users and SSL-VPN Sessions if all users are using NetExtender (SSL)?

• WillD44WillD44 Newbie ✭

There are still users appearing under Active Users with the type/mode of SSL VPN Client that do not appear under SSL-VPN Sessions. I'm the only user logged in to the management interface. How can there be active users connected with SSL-VPN that do not appear under SSL-VPN sessions?

• PetieGPetieG Newbie ✭

I'm with @WillD44 - I currently have 3 Active Users: 1, my browser login (Type/Mode: Web Login, Config Mode), 2 users (Type/Mode: SSL VPN Client in Active Users) who I KNOW are RDP'd into their office PCs. Yet, only one of those users is showing up in SSL-VPN Sessions. Why is my other "Active User" not showing up in the SSL-VPN Sessions? I have checked both "Include inactive users" and "Show unauthenticated users" - we don't have either of those in this instance.

They are both using the NetExtender client from Win10 machines. We're using a TZ400.