Starting to see the humor of the Gen 7 UI - Not!
Working through the new System Log format on my TZ270W, I saw this message:
CFS Info: Untrusted ratings update: No update
I'm not even certain I know what that means (feel free to enlighten me), but it appears once each hour.
However, I don't think I want to see it, so I went to Device, Log, Settings [ pretty awkward to have to move from looking at the log to a completely different location to change it ]. And here's what's displayed:
I clicked the Filter icon, then entered 1659 in the ID field and clicked the Find button
Here's what I got:
Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha! Those kooky crazy SonicWall developers have made me laugh!
Why, you ask? Because when something is filtered, the column headings disappear!!!
It took more than 15 very frustrating minutes to discover the only way to get the column headings back is to click on the Filter button again. That is so NOT intuitive, I could choke.
I'm sure there is more...
"Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha! Those kooky crazy SonicWall developers have made me laugh!"
Who needs columns?!? As I always say, if you're not laughing you're crying.
If you want to disable a specific event ID that has been logged recently, you can do that from the log view by clicking on the....two pipes?:
But me having to explain this just highlights another pile of WTF that comes with the Gen7 UI - these stupid GUI elements that disappear and reappear as you move the mouse around. Who on earth thought this was a good idea? It's like playing a really tedious computer game.
As emailed to another Community member the other day:
Wow, Gen 7 and you have to duplicate all wildcard FQDNs Address Objects with "www" entries.
Good thing they make that clone option - that is very helpful when creating a duplicate.
What is NOT helpful - and is in fact STUPID BEYOND WORDS - is that when you hover over the Reference icon, the pencil, clone, and delete tool bar appears before you can read where the Address Object is used.
I didn't think it was going to be long before I logged a problem.
Sure enough, the CSR replied: This is an "enhancement request." So I wrote to my partner rep. She's already forwarded it to the Tech Support Managers, who are supposed to reach out to me...