Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Failover an Load Balancig Issue after upgrate to 7.0.1-5023-R1826 on Tz-570

Good evening, after updating to the indicated version I have a problem in managing failover and load blancing. If I try to change the order of interfaces from x1 to x2 as primary I get this message: Error
Enter a valid IPV4 address for default target in X1. Same thing if I try to change any other parameter in the interface probe settings. It would be possible to boot from the previous firmware. I uploaded the penultimate version 7.0.1-5018-R1709. Thanks in advance

Category: Entry Level Firewalls

Answers

• Please open a case on this and provide these screenshots and a HAR file from your browser debug while reproducing it.

• jaycejayce Newbie ✭

I am having the same issue on multiple TZ370s. I upgraded from 7.0.1-5023 R1826 to 7.0.1-5030-R2007, but this did not fix the issue. I created a case with Sonicwall. They emailed me asking to call them. I called them and the technician got on my screen and removed X1from the selected WAN interfaces for failover, and it gives me the same error you are getting when I try to add it back. So now I do not have any failover on my firewall. When I try to remove X1 from the selected interfaces on the IPv6 group I get a message that says incomplete command.

• KevinHKevinH Newbie ✭
    edited January 2022

Same issue here, January 13, 2022 with latest 5030-R2007 firmware on a TZ370. Being this is a new deployment, it effectively prevents failover from working, at all. Blocks any entry or adjustment of failover settings, so I can't add the second WAN interface for failover.

• KevinHKevinH Newbie ✭

Back to report that setting the probe on the X1 failover entry as outlined in the following document resolved the issue: https://www.sonicwall.com/support/knowledge-base/configure-probe-monitoring-for-wan-failover-and-load-balancing/170505952377479/

• rgmckenzrgmckenz Newbie ✭
    edited January 2022

I'm having the same exact issue referenced above with two sets of NSA 2700's (HA units). All four units on firmware version: SonicOS 7.0.1-5030-R2007. After migration from NSA 2650's to NSA 2700's, we wanted to remove our Comcast wireless backup interfaces and add Verizon Wireless backup interfaces to the Default LB Group (Basic Failover). Anything we try to do, from renaming the interface to changing probe targets is met with the same message "Enter a valid IPV4 address for default target in X2" or X1 or X3, depending on the interface I'm attempting to modify. I also can't change the Default LB group parameters. Without being able to delete anything, even after a reboot, I appear to be stuck. Anyone else run into this issue and have a quick fix?

• None_of_the_AboveNone_of_the_Above Newbie ✭
    edited April 2022

Case Opened as I had the same issue. I am on v7.0.1-5030 T370. This was the 2nd firmware update to this unit, since it has been migrated from T300.

Response: " This was a known issue and this has been fixed on the latest web release, I would suggest you upgrade the firmware on the firewall to 7.0.1-5051 ..."

See Release notes: 7.0.1-5051 - Ref: GEN7-28535

https://software.sonicwall.com/Firmware/Documentation/232-005596-00_RevN_SonicOS-X_7.0.1_ReleaseNotes.pdf