Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

No GEO-IP Block Message - Bug?

Am I missing something obvious, or is this a bug? Several locations just had TZ-350s deployed. Current Firmware Version SonicOS 7.0.0-R906.

CFS block messages are working, but none of them are displaying the GEO-IP block message. Block is working, and it does show an active block in the logs; however, the message never displays. We just get the spinning donut until the connection times out.

Ideas?

Category: Entry Level Firewalls
Tagged:

Answers

• MacGyverMacGyver Newbie ✭

And in the "Possibly related" category, if we go to the Diagnostics Tab, and enter an address in Lookup IP, it's not reporting anything at all. This is consistent over several walls in different locations. Sounding more and more like bad code. Ugh.

I have confirmed that the issue only exists on secure traffic; however, as I mentioned earlier DPI-SSL is correctly configured as https sites are blocked and show the block page in CFS. Any idea why the CFS block page would display, but not the GEO-IP?

Well members over at Spiceworks confirmed the same behavior so we have crappy code in the firmware. I tried opening a case about 4 days ago that still has yet to even be assigned to anyone. I sure miss the Pre-Dell days of Sonicwall back when Level 3 was in Arizona. I guess those days are gone forever.

For anyone else fighting this, it turns out that this is indeed a hole in the firmware, and as of now at least, there is no resolution date for a fix.