Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

SSL-VPN license transfer from a competitively replaced SonicWall

sambitsambit Newbie ✭

I have done a competitive upgrade from TZ500 to TZ570. I have transferred TZ500 to my account. The TZ500 has two extra SSL-VPN licenses beyond the 2 it came with by default. How can I transfer those 2 extra licenses over to the TZ570? They are not listed as licenses that can be transferred in the Applicable Promotions section of mysonicwall.

Category: SSL VPN

Answers

• prestonpreston Enthusiast ✭✭

@sambit , you should have registered the new appliance as a SonicWall replacement not a Competitive one, if you did do as a SonicWall replacement in the TO Do list on the new product it will tell you you need to complete the transfer after that the 2 SSL VPN licenses would be transferred to the new appliance.

if you did indeed select Competitive you will need to get in touch with Sonicwall customer_service@sonicwall.com and tell them you have made a mistake on the upgrade option and see if they can undo the process and then you would need to re-register the appliance and then select SonicWall replacement

• SliderhomeSliderhome Enthusiast ✭✭
    edited December 2021

@sambit

Send a tranfer request to "customer_service@sonicwall.com"

Include the following:

Old Sonicwall TZ500

Serial Number: 

Registration Code:

Authentication Code:  

New Sonicwall TZ570

Serial Number: 

Registration Code:     

Authentication Code:

You can also open a case in mysonicwall, to tranfer the licence.