Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Route traffic to a specific IP via VPN client connection

We have a client who can connect to one of their suppliers systems from their offices. The supplier has a firewall rule which limits access to their public IP. This works from the office.

I need vpn client users to be able to access the same service, routing their traffic through the head office. I would prefer not to route all internet traffic over the vpn link, if possible.

So, is there any way to 'push' a route to the remote vpn client and have all traffic for that address routed through the central office?

I know this is possible with a site-to-site and I've spent hours searching through the online documents without anything showing up.

They have a TZ500, firmware 6.5.4.7 and are using the Global VPN client

Category: VPN Client

Best Answer

• CORRECT ANSWER
    BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@Integra you can add the IP from the supplier to the VPN access tab of your users/groups and with adding a Firewall Rule VPN -> WAN you can allow the access. The supplier will see the IP of your VPN gateway.

It's somewhat the same like Tunnel instead, but more like Tunnel some for that matter.

--Michael@BWC

Answers

• IntegraIntegra Newbie ✭

aagh!

Perfect, works like a charm.

I've spent a good 2-3 hours trying to work this out. It would never have occured to me to have looked in the user properties.

In some ways this is logical, in others this is a highly frustrating place to hide functionality like this.

Thanks again.