Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

SMA 500v - Double login, one from inside the SMA?

BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

Hi,

yesterday a friend with a SMA called me and reported that his 500v (10.2.0.1) is rebooting all the time.

It seems that user logins are counted multiple times and this causes the session handling and the whole system to freak out. This morning just one user was connected, but from her external IP address and from the SMA internal IP address (.151.64) eating up two licenses.

Any idea what can cause this? Is this a known problem with Active-Sync or reverse proxy connections? I never saw this with VirtualOffice / NetExtender only deployments.

--Michael@BWC

Category: Secure Mobile Access Appliances

Comments

• BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020

FYI: A downgrade to a 10.2.0.0 system backup seems to resolve this issue, no more sessions from the SMA IP.

It was working for the last 17 days, don't understand what was going on here. Forcing the logout of a session was causing the SMA to reboot.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

Thanks for the info @BWC . Interesting to see.

• SimonSimon Moderator

@BWC was a support case opened?

This should be looked at more closely. If a TSR was captured while the issue was being experienced that would be helpful. We'd want to recreate it and set some captures.

• BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

Hi @Simon

I did not do any follow up research on that because no other user complained about it, so I left it as it is for the time being.

--Michael@BWC

• 10.2.0.0 has some issues and there were lot of bug fixes went in to 10.2.0.1, you try upgrade and if you still have issues open a support ticket will file a bug with engg.

Vijay Kumar KV

Enterprise Tech Support Consultant | SME