Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

TZ400 Virtual Environment or Sandbox environment?

Quick question. Are there any technologies that simulate the SonicWALL OS. I have a TZ400 and would like to play around with the configurations but not affect the production environment on my network. I wondered if there was a simulator where I could import my configs and tweak them, then deploy them to my production environment for testing and revert back quickly if need be.

I don't know if something like this exists or not. I know I use Hyper-V and VMs a lost but wasn't for sure if there was a simulator or sandbox type environment for SonicWALL. I believe I used to have one for Cisco devices.

Thanks!

Category: Entry Level Firewalls

Answers

• JesperBJesperB Newbie ✭

There's no emulation, but you if you are a registered partner, you can buy a NFR kit, which is a discounted unit+services with 1YR subscription.

Or you can download a 500v trial for vmWare or Hyper-V, from your MySonicwall account and is valid for 30 days.

The v-series have a slightly different configuration, as the interfaces are not physical etc.

• TKWITSTKWITS Community Legend ✭✭✭✭✭

While I haven't done it myself, you should be able to run a virtual Sonicwall appliance in GNS3.