Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

HA primary unit has no owner causing HA crash

HA primary unit registrator (was a tenant admin) has been deleted (employee terminated), causing the unit to have no owner, i.e. it cannot be paired with the secondary HA appliance, unit cannot be moved, cannot be transferred, cannot be deleted for re-registration.

Licensing lookup fails twice a day for the primary, causing fail over. But since the secondary also cannot do licensing lookup, because it cannot find s/n for the primary to get licensing (none can be assigned), everything fails.

What can (should) be done to get the two HA units paired ?

Category: Firewall Management and Analytics

Answers

• BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

@JesperB this might be one of the reasons why I don't like to work with many tenants on MSW.

You should handle this case with Customer Support or with your local SE. If you cannot see the HA-Appliance in your products listing you might be out of options.

--Michael@BWC

• JesperBJesperB Newbie ✭

Well, tried support, said try CS, so that's what i did and am now awaiting 'something'. Both appliaces are visible, only the primary is not 'accessible' in MSW. I sure do agree on your tenant reasons. Sloppy DB housekeeping that is.

• BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

Escalate through your SE, IMHO the best way to speed things up if waiting isn't an option.

--Michael@BWC

• JesperBJesperB Newbie ✭

A little back & forth with CS and the unit ownership accounts were aligned and the HA pair was god to go again.