Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

CC 3.6.30 causing high SYSTEM CPU usage!

Since the deployment of CC 3.6.30 we received a lot of end-user complaints with laptop devices .. battery seems to drain much faster then before.

After some investigation we notice a very high CPU usage on the SYSTEM process under Windows .. the problem = swcfdrv64.sys (see screenshot). 😑

Anyone else experiencing the same issue?

Category: Capture Client
Tagged:

Comments

• ThKThK Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

@Eddy77 i also have noticed some virtual machines which caused vcenter to point out hight CPU usage. Always it was the systmes process like you described. For me i helped me out to give the few maschines one more physical processor fromr the vm resources. so the cpu came down a little. I wait for the next update i´m glad the most machines run, so I wait for the new release . Someone surely will fix it. or bring up new surprises ...

--Thomas

• Eddy77Eddy77 Newbie ✭

We have a policy to keep the General Release on the Servers .. so luckily they are not updated to this release and remain unaffected .. but mostly all other Windows endpoints are effected.

I hope SonicWall will fix this ASAP .. 😒

• Eddy77Eddy77 Newbie ✭

Just called support about this issue .. the Web Content Filter is causing the problem, workaround is to disable this in the policy.

• b1ntechb1ntech Newbie ✭

I just had a small 6-person office call today with everyone stating their endpoints running extremely slow. Type an entire line in an email and it would display 20sec after typing. Moving about in different cells in an Excel workbook notably delayed.

Remote uninstall of all CCA on endpoints resolved the local endpoint issue. Any server-based file-level activity (Excel documents running off server share) - same issue. Uninstall CCA off server - issue resolved.

Not good.

• b1ntechb1ntech Newbie ✭

As a followup to the above - after fixing the local endpoint/server issue - customer called again stating internet extremely slow on most end user stations.

Remote session confirmed customer observation with browsers very slow to do initial load - and slow to load page(s) on websites. At this point focused on on-prem firewall. Read above post about Web Filter so hit that first. No change. Disabled all security layers eventually (CF - IPS - GAV - GeoIP) and browser issues resolved.

So which layer the culprit? Enabled each one individually - until all services were back to active - and browser sessions continued running optimally per customer.

So appears disabling/re-enabling security services resolved issue. Posted for the benefit of Mr. Kite.