Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

How to edit or delete default static routes on firewall?

We have a UCOPIA Splash Page within a MPLS network and the traffic should go from a Guest vlan through this Captive portal. As I create a vlan, the default route is there and we cannot modify or delete.

I have to edit this route because the priority is lower than a custom routing policy and put the MPLS router as default gateway.

Or there is another way with Guest Services and external Captive portal.

I don't know what is the solution to bring the traffic through a MPLS router installed in the same vlan instead of going out through X1.

Thank you.

Category: Entry Level Firewalls

Answers

• TKWITSTKWITS Community Legend ✭✭✭✭✭

You can't edit or delete auto-created routes based on interface creation.

Have you looked into using routed mode on the guest vlan? Not sure if it'll work for you, but somehting to read up on.

• SaravananSaravanan Moderator

Hi @PIERREH,

Thank you for visiting SonicWall Community.

The default routes are non-editable or can be deleted by design. You may need play around to use Network Monitor Policies or Network Probes to accomplish this requirement.

Check the below KB for your reference to understand how the probing works and makes difference while choosing the path. The KB explained scenario is definitely not be related to your scenario and since your requirement is similar to switching routes, may be reading this KB can give you some idea.

Regards

Saravanan V

Technical Support Advisor - Premier Services

Professional Services

• PierreHPierreH Newbie ✭

Hello Saravanan, thanks for your KB, it is a genious way, but in my case I dont have VPN so the Static route with probe must take precedence over the X1 (WAN) default route. I will see if I can find a solution by enabling guest service with external captive portal on the zone.

• SaravananSaravanan Moderator

Sure @PierreH. Let me know how it goes.

Have a good day!!!

Regards

Saravanan V

Technical Support Advisor - Premier Services

Professional Services