Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

SonicWall forgot TOTP-App-Binding

Hello,

yesterday I activated 2FA via TOTP with Google Authenticator for some users. All of them bound the App via the Web Interface and after that all of them were able to connect through SSLVPN using NetExtender.

Now they tried it again today - and NetExtender reports "You have to bind a TOTP App before you can connect to VPN"

Did the SonicWall "forgot" the App-Binding? How can I make sure the App-Binding persists permanently?

best greetings

Category: SSL VPN

Answers

• @SupportGFS,

You are right, once the app is bound it should not ask for the binding again. What firmware do you have on the firewall and what model are you using?

Thanks!

Shipra Sahu

Technical Support Advisor, Premier Services

• We got the Sonicwall NSa 3650 currently running on SonicOS Enhanced 6.5.4.7-83n

• @SupportGFS,

If you are already on the latest version, please reach out to support for further analysis. We definitely need to have some detailed testing for this issue.

Thanks!

Shipra Sahu

Technical Support Advisor, Premier Services

• HSFHSF Newbie ✭

Hi there, did you ever end up on getting this sorted? having the same issue?

• ArkwrightArkwright All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

I suggest you raise a support case, there is a hotfix for this.