Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Import root cert into GMS 9.2

This is probably simple, but I've read through the manuals I can find, and searched, and I can't seem to figure out how to upload a root certificate into GMS 9.2.

Category: Firewall Management and Analytics

Best Answer

Answers

• shultisshultis Newbie ✭

We're trying to implement LDAP authentication for GMS using SSL and are getting this error:

SSL Error: CA Certificate is not present in the server certificate chain.

Please go to System > Certificates screen to import the server certificate.

Alternatively use the keytool command to import the server certificate.

Is there documentation somewhere on how to do this? Does anyone have this working?

So I keep digging on this, and I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction. In this document:

I found this:

When I look at my GMS implementation, I see this:

So where is the System | Certificates page? This document is written for v9.2 and I checked and I'm running v9.2. The only place I can find that references certificates is in Deployment | Settings and that allows you to upload a cert and a key file.

Anyone?

Good to know... it would have been nice to have someone from Sonicwall chime in on this. At the very least, it would be good to get the documentation changed so you don't go hunting for pages that aren't in the release. Sadly, we don't have the option for NSM, we need an on prem solution, so we're stuck with this for the foreseeable future. Thanks for the reply.

Scott

• Halon5Halon5 Enthusiast ✭✭

Hi @shultis ,

Thanks for the Helpful .

Yes, its disappointing isn't it. There doesn't seem to be any here that actually knows what they are doing with GMS. Further, the inability of GMS to do both syslog and flows makes it not a great choice. 8.7 is better if you have older Gen5 appliances.

The on-premise NSM is going into beta shortly I think.

S.

Interesting... but I'm seeing a lot of "Not supported in NSM 2.0" so I'm thinking we're not going to be signing up for the beta. NMS on-prem 2.1 or whatever comes next may have the features we need. No workflow in 2.0. I guess you have to have priorities and stick to them.

"NSM On-prem will be offered on EXSi, Hyper-V, KVM and Azure" is a hopeful sign. @Halon5 thanks for the link.

• Halon5Halon5 Enthusiast ✭✭

I know.. I've already been feeling "pretty sick" .. features we have been asking for for decades just aren't there. Ordinary things. :(