Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

NSM 2.0 - Analytics - Session logs

Hi, as i understand when we migrate or start a new instance with NSM. That also includes analytics and reporting. My tenant hasnt be migrated yet so i looked in the livedemo. When i look at the monitoring view i cant see the session logs, is this something that is coming? or should we use the on-premise analytics for that moving on?

Category: Capture Security Center

Answers

• Hi @DANIEL_LILJA,

Thank you for contacting SonicWall Community.

I understand that you are unable to see the section "Session Logs" under Manager View in the NSM. Could you please share a screenshot if possible for me to confirm my understanding?

Regards

Saravanan V

Technical Support Advisor - Premier Services

Professional Services

• daniel_liljadaniel_lilja Enthusiast ✭✭

@Saravanan Yeah thats correct, so my questions is should that be possible atm in the NSM 2.0? Even the user guide doesnt mention it https://www.sonicwall.com/support/technical-documentation/docs/nsm_2-0-0-analytics

I was testing it out via livedemo.sonicwall.com and didnt see that.

• Hi @DANIEL_LILJA,

Thanks for the confirmation. It looks like the section "Session Logs" has been removed in NSM as it is following a new layout. If you are looking for this specific option and would like to see it, please file a RFE (Request Feature Enhancement) from your MySonicWall account under Product Feedback or via SonicWall Sales. This should do the trick.

Please let us know if any questions.

Have a good one!!!

Regards

Saravanan V

Professional Services

@Saravanan can you please double check this? That is a major feature in analytics that we are paying for to be able to view.

• @daniel_lilja - Sure, I can cross verify as per your request and get back to you. Please stay tuned.

Regards

Saravanan V

Professional Services

• DarshanDarshan SonicWall Employee

@daniel_lilja To check the session logs, device must be licensed for NSM Advanced or CSC Analytics. You can simply can click on binocular on App or src IP for drill down, that will open new window and you can select log from upper right hand corner to check session logs:

• @Darshan - Thanks for providing the info. We can have this documented as an article for better visibility.

@DANIEL_LILJA - Sorry for missing this info. It was my bad as my firewall wasn't having the said licenses to drill-down further.

Regards

Saravanan V

Professional Services

edited August 2020

@Darshan, @Saravanan its that the plan, that it will stay that way?

Normally when you want for an example troubleshoot if traffic are allowed or blocked, you have the users src ip. Then you easily and quick just want filter out that src ip and if the action is blocked. I mean i can do that now, but it requires a lot of clicking.

Is there also a way to quicker apply filters by your own? Without clicking the filter icon in each column? I know we can do free search, but would nice to quickly filter out iniator.

Is there a way to sort the time in reverse?