Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Increase/Upgrade Raid drive Capacity on SonicWall CDP 3440

BrettMBrettM Newbie ✭

Hi. I have an old Sonicwall CDP 3440 that I have used for years and still works perfectly. However the drive capacity of the device is limited to 400gb and configured with 2 drives in RAID 1. One of the drives has now become degraded and I have swapped it out with a new 2tb drive and rebuilt the array. The 2tb drive is however limited to 400gb after the rebuild and I would like to know if it is possible to have two 2tb drives and then increase the drive capacity?

I came across some documents that said it was technically possible, but am unsure as to the steps to follow.

Can anyone assist me with a knowledge base article to carryout the steps myself?

Many thanks

Category: MySonicWall

Answers

• Hi @BrettM,

I hope you are well. Sorry for the slow response to this one. Unfortunately, this product has been end-of-life for many years and does not have a replacement. I would be very interested to see if any of our long standing partners/customers have run into this same issue and have a solve.

@micah - SonicWall's Self-Service Sr. Manager