Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Userbase Bandwidth management?

Userbase Bandwidth one of our limitations we can say. Should have to fix in firmware..!!
Category: Mid Range Firewalls

Answers

• WNRG_BenDavisWNRG_BenDavis Enthusiast ✭✭

Hi @Bhavin_Naik ,

Can you provide more information on what you mean by Userbase bandwidth ?

On the SonicWall you can provide BWM (Bandwidth Management) to specific users, user groups, IPs, services, and Apps.

This can be done via Access Rules and/or App Rules.

Here is a SonicWall KB (Knowledge Base) that shows an example of this: https://www.sonicwall.com/support/knowledge-base/how-can-i-configure-bandwidth-management-with-limits-per-ip/170505283492802/

Thank you,

Ben Davis

Western NRG

• Hi @WNRG_BenDavis
    I mean to say we can't apply bwm on user or users group in sonicwall there is some trick like we can create match object for protocols and then bind bwm action object but that can't work in every scenario like we need to creat so many app rule as well as if you do speed test on browser then it will show you exact speed but in mobile apps when you do speed test it will going to fail...
    We have actually implement in some of our customers. It's not exactly works on users like as it fluently work in ip address object or address object group.
  • WNRG_BenDavisWNRG_BenDavis Enthusiast ✭✭

Hi,

You can create Access Rules with Included User(s) or Groups and define them there and set BWM on that.

Thank you

Ben Davis

Western NRG

• KaranMKaranM Administrator

Agree with @WNRG_BenDavis,

Technically App rules or Access rules should help with this requirement. Personally I have tested this only with App rules.

Thank You

Knowledge Management Senior Analyst at SonicWall.