SonicWall Releases Mid-Year Update to the 2020 SonicWall Cyber Threat Report
Today, SonicWall announced the release of a new updated cybersecurity report, a follow-on from the 2020 SonicWall Cyber Threat Report.
This Mid-Year update looks at the changing threat landscape following the global impact of the COVID-19 pandemic and highlights how malicious actors have changed their tactics to take advantage of the new business normal. The report analyzes threat intelligence data gathered from 1.1 million sensors in over 215 countries and territories
Some highlights from the report include:
- 20% jump in ransomware globally, 109% spike in United States
- 24% drop in malware attacks worldwide
- 7% of phishing attacks capitalized on COVID-19 pandemic
- 176% increase in malicious Microsoft Office file types
- 23% of malware attacks leveraged non-standard ports
- 50% rise of IoT malware attacks
Download and read the Mid-Year Update to the 2020 SonicWall Cyber Threat Report here.
SonicWall SecureFirst Partners can find complementary assets such as talking points and social media images on Brandfolder by visiting and logging in to brandfolder.com/sonicwall.
You can also see news coverage of the new report on the following outlets:
VP, Web and Digital Experience, SonicWall. Get my attention by tagging @Terri on the Community.