Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

VPN Issue

We are having route base VPN with AWS But in every one hour we are facing issue while accessing remote side resources. When we tried to ping remote resources we are getting Remote party timeout.at that time when i check VPN status it showed UP. in packet capture I saw packets are getting consume i.e forwarded but not received any reply from remote side.

After disabling and enabling VPN everything start working.

Any suggestion why this happened in every one hour.

Category: Mid Range Firewalls

Answers

• @Ninad94,

Could you please verify that the phase 1 and phase 2 lifetimes are matching on both ends?

Also, are you having one or two VPNs with failover?

Since you are seeing the packets being consumed, just check the statistics on the SA itself and see if the transmitted packets are bytes are increasing. If yes, then the SonicWall is forwarding the traffic correctly.

There is a possibility that due to mismatched lifetimes, the SPI values are changed on AWS end and packets are being dropped there.

Changing the category to 'Mid range firewalls' for better results.

Thanks!

Shipra Sahu

Technical Support Advisor, Premier Services

• BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

Hi @Ninad94

just a wild guess, but an one hour interval sounds a bit like a problem caused by timezone differences between the sites, if you made sure that P1/P2 are in sync? Honestly I'am not sure if the SAs are negotiated for x-minutes or to a specific time/date. Maybe you can force this by changing the Timezone setting of your SonicWall to match the AWS endpoints setting (or vice versa)?

--Michael@BWC