Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Got nl down for ppp unit

Hi everyone!

A user of mine is having issues being booted off the VPN regularly. Sometimes they can connect for an hour or 2 but it's more like 30 minutes. I even created the user a brand new account this morning and they got booted within 20 minutes. I can see in the logs they connect but get disconnected soon after. They use a Mac if that's important and are the only user reporting issues (many other people use Mac). I'll paste some log messages below which I'm unsure what they mean. I do think the issue is on the user's new home router they just purchased 2 weeks ago. But, when I remoted into their computer and had them log in to their router I couldn't find anything strange. The user is on a 192. subnet and the company is on 10.

Assuming the issue is on the user's new home router, TP-Link, what should I be looking for?

User ****: access time interval timeout, close this connection, remove session

User ****: Got nl down for ppp unit

User ****: Got link down for ppp unit

Category: SSL VPN

Answers

• ArkwrightArkwright All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

ping the internet, the router and the IP of where you're VPNing to simultaneously. Watch for packet drops.

I would usually suggest PingInfoView for this - great for ad-hoc network monitoring from an end-user device. But don't know if it works in Wine on a Mac.