Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

MacOS - SonicWall Mobile Connect - Cannot connect

TheoAdminTheoAdmin Newbie ✭

Hello,
On MacOS machines, we are using Mobile Connect version 5.0.12 to establish the SSL VPN connection to SonicWalls Gen6

Now, when configuring the VPN connection, we get the message "SonicWall_Public_IP is either currently unreachable or is not a valid SonicWall appliance."

From my research it seems that this concerns the issue with ID GEN6-4357 described on the following page:
https://www.sonicwall.com/support/knowledge-base/mobile-connect-breaks-after-upgrade-to-sonicos-6-5-4-15/240903132324983

The SonicWalls involved are indeed equipped with version 6.5.4.15-116n

I would like to remind that this firmware version was released for free by SonicWall via the mySonicWall portal.

On the page concerning the issue ID GEN6-4357 it is clearly indicated that this is a known problem in this firmware version. And that a Hotfix firmware exists to correct the problem.

On the devices affected by this problem, the support contract has expired.

I tried to contact SonicWall technical support by all possible means in order to obtain these HotFix Firmwares, it turns out to be impossible!!! Each time I am told that the support contract has expired.

I mean that it is not my problem:
SonicWall publishes via mysonicwall a problematic version of a firmware. Sonicwall is aware of this. But asks its customers to pay in order to obtain the corrective version for a problem introduced by SonicWall themselves ??

In the same way that the problematic version of the Firmware was provided, the corrective version should then be made available.

Category: SSL VPN