Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Domain login script not executing on one client.

TZ270 SonicOS 7.0.1-5080

When I connect from client1 the domain logon script never executes. I have tried connecting using 2 different credentials and it does not run. I can go to another machine and the script executes for both user credentials. The only difference between the 2 machines is the one that works is a member of the domain, the one that does not work is not a member. But I don't see why that would make a difference. I can tell if it runs because I get a command window that pops ups briefly while it runs the commands. I can ping the Domain Controller after connecting so I know it can see it. One of the accounts is my own and it is a Domain Admin account.

Where in the Sonicwall can I find some logs to try and debug this? The client logs look the same on both machines and don't have any info about running the script.

Category: Entry Level Firewalls

Answers

• MarkDMarkD Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭
    edited October 4

Just for clarification one machine which is a member of the domain runs the login script and the one that isn't a member of the domain does not run the domain login script.

If so, that's a hint

• jtpryanjtpryan Newbie ✭

Sorry, not an answer. Machines do not need to be a member of the domain for a user login script to execute. I should have said that in my original message though, sorry.

Turns out the user was running Bitlocker AV and had the firewall on. 3rd party AV will be the death of me.