Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Did anyone encounter this oddity with SonicOS 7.0.1-5161-R6164?

LarryLarry All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

I installed 7.0.1 5161 over 5151 this past weekend.

Looking in the system log this morning I'm seeing a slew of ID=36, Category=Network, Priority=Notice, Message=TCP packet dropped entries.

Looking at a few of them, they all appear to be from foreign countries that are on my Geo-IP block list. And yet, there have been absolutely NO ID=1198, Category=Security Services, Priority=Alert, Message=Initiator from country blocked: Initiator IP:<ip address> Country Name=<country name> entries since the upgrade.

I don't see any reference to a change in Geo-IP blocking in the Release Notes, and can't find anything with a quick Google search..

Has anyone seen or experienced this behavior?

Category: Entry Level Firewalls

Answers

• LarryLarry All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

Three weeks of missed communication with the CSR assigned to this case - with absolutely NO resolution in sight.

First, because SonicWall's support system cannot read and ingest my email responses to outbound messages.

Second, because October has been full of Jewish holidays (which I observe) when the CSR calls expecting someone in the office - and the office is closed - the case gets waylaid for another few days.

Today, when I tried calling, I had to wait 45 minutes on hold, only to be told the CSR could call back "some time later."

No, I'm calling in, and if YOU are not available, then make someone ELSE available to determine what the problem is. You've obtained the logs, you've seen my explanation, and yet YOU need to remote in?

I'm angry about the sheer waste of time and stupidity of it all.