Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Sonicwall support is useless

On 08/12/2024 I opened a support ticket for the secondary unit of a NSA2700 HA pair that just stopped responding and had to be physically powered off then powered on.

I recieved no response from Sonicwall support until 08/15 asking for logs. Me, having been administrating Sonicwall firewalls for about 22 years now, I had gathered all the logs and attached them to the case when I opened it.

I immediately responded that the logs were already attached. (this is becoming a reoccurring theme with Sonicwall support, they seem to just do an initial canned response without looking at the provided attachments and case details.)

By 08/17 I had received no further response, so I posted an update saying HELLO ANYBODY HOME?

Still no response by Sonicwall support.

Just now, the problem happened again.

I am now forced to get on the phone and try to get someone to work on this now.

Case 44597141

Category: Mid Range Firewalls

Answers

• ArkwrightArkwright All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

Yes, that's right, 7 files from disparate screens and locations.

If only the thing that's called a "tech support report" was actually an exhaustive report that you could export and give to Sonicwall! Every time I am having to export all these files again and again, and carefully naming them so that they're not too long for Sonicwall's god-awful customer facing support system, I think I should be writing a macro for this tedious repetitive task. But I never get around to it.

• jasonfzjasonfz Newbie ✭

I find it useful to .zip the files before I upload so that I do not have to do them all one at a time (just make one zip and upload that), and this also gets around the fact that their upload system doesn't contemplate the number of characters that are now in the Gen7 settings files.