Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

How do I monitor current operating temperature of my Sonicwall TZ370

andyoeftandyoeft Newbie ✭
edited August 6 in Entry Level Firewalls

This information appears to be a closely guarded secret. Simply want to know the current operating temperature of my Sonicwall. There is some oblique reference to this in the logs in a KB article but no description of how to locate the current temperature. I have searched the community and the KBs and even asked ChatGPT. No one seems to know or care about this critical piece of system health.

Category: Entry Level Firewalls

Best Answer

• CORRECT ANSWER
    andyoeftandyoeft Newbie ✭
    Answer ✓

Thanks. Maybe I should consider a different device going forward. It seems like a very trivial feature to include.

Answers

• BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

@andyoeft IMHO there is no way to determine the temperature, which is not really good thing, because they tend to get pretty warm, especially in overcrowded cabinets.

—Michael@BWC

• andyoeftandyoeft Newbie ✭
    edited August 6

Would an overheating Sonicwall impact network performance? I gotta imagine it would.

• andyoeftandyoeft Newbie ✭
    edited August 6

• BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

Can't tell what the impact is, in general it's reduced lifetime but maybe it's throttling too.

I had some pretty warm TZs in the field but functionality wasn't ever disturbed, temperature-wise.

—Michael@BWC