Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Sonicwall NAS 2600 - IP address being issued from an interfaced WAN cable modem

I have a Sonicwall 2600 setup hosting DHCP on LAN X0. X1 is primary WAN (AT&T) X1 Interface is set up with a static IP from the AT&T router. X3 is secondary WAN (Comcast) X3 is setup using a DHCP address from a port on the back of the Comcast modem. Standard Failover and Load Balancing is setup with X1 as Primary and X3 as Secondary.

My issue:

I have come across a couple users recently being issued an IP address from the COMCAST modem directly. (10.1.10.0 format). This is obviously preventing network resources from the X0 DHCP connection. How is this happening and how do I remedy it. I haven't found any help yet via Google searching.

If I do a simple ipconfig /release then renew. The user receives a new address from X0 as it should have and all network resources obviously become available again.

Category: Mid Range Firewalls

Answers

• MarkDMarkD Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

I would suggest checking that the DHCP is from the comcast router and the GW is the comcast device, if so check your wiring.

• ArkwrightArkwright All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

If the LAN users really are getting IPs from the Comcast modem, then this is very unlikely to be a Sonicwall issue. You would need to have bridged X0 and X3 on the Sonicwall for this to happen.