Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Firewall TZ270 - Dual ISP WAN

Hi All,

Appreciate all your help in the following… so hoping this might be a simple answer, but I'm just wondering with the TZ270's capabilities if I'm able to run two WAN ports simultaneously from separate ISP's pointing to their own LAN ports for each subnet.

'joe bloggs' example…

X0 LAN - 172.20.0.1 / X1 WAN - 87.87.87.87

X2 WAN2 - 88.88.88.88 / X3 LAN2 - 192.168.0.1

We have a second WAN as a backup for failover which works, but I'm currently testing something with my switches so I've disabled the failover for now. I want to be able to get outbound traffic using the second WAN, but not sure if there's a limitation for this model?

Thanks,

Category: Entry Level Firewalls

Best Answer

• CORRECT ANSWER
    MustafaAMustafaA SonicWall Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @Closey1200

There are no differences or limitations on the TZ270 regarding the WAN Failover and Load Balancing (LB) feature. If you define a static route, it will take precedence over the WAN Failover/LB configuration. Additionally, if you want to direct traffic from a specific source subnet to a particular WAN interface, you need to configure a Static Route policy.

Answers

• Closey1200Closey1200 Newbie ✭

Thank you for the prompt reply Mustafaa, I'll look into Static Routes.

• TKWITSTKWITS Community Legend ✭✭✭✭✭

You might also want to look into Policy Based Routes and the default NAT policies, depending on how strict you want to be.

• Closey1200Closey1200 Newbie ✭

Thank you both for your suggestions, ill give this a go tomorrow and report my findings :)