Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Options

NetExtender on the New Surface Pro Snapdragon PC's

SonicNoviceSonicNovice Newbie ✭

I've tried to install NetExtender on my Surface Pro 11.

Not sure if it's the new CPU, but on a clean install of Windows. The netextender install fails. I believe it fails when it tries to install the driver.

Our VPN uses 2FA, so I'm not sure how to get in? Do we need to abandon the SonicWall ecosystem, or is there some other form of support?

Category: SSL VPN

Answers

• Options
    MustafaAMustafaA SonicWall Employee

Hello @SonicNovice

Snapdragon processors are ARM-based and neither Global VPN Client nor NetExtender do not support that. But, you should be able to download and use Mobile Connect application, which is the alternative for SSLVPN. This can be downloaded from Microsoft Store.

https://www.sonicwall.com/support/knowledge-base/is-netextender-gvc-compatible-with-arm-processor-getting-error-this-installer-is-only-meant-for-x86-machines/240214174419030/

• Options
    SonicNoviceSonicNovice Newbie ✭
    edited June 21

Does Mobile Connect support 2FA?

Actually, just tested and it works and it does support 2FA.

• Options

I am glad to read that you have Mobile Connect up and running with 2FA.

• Options
    BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

@MustafaA I don't get why Mobile Connect on Windows is coming up over and over again, despite the fact it's end of support for nearly two years? What are the security implications of that?

https://www.sonicwall.com/de-de/support/product-lifecycle-tables/sonicwall-mobile-connect/software/

Wouldn't it be the time for a proper solution considering the uprise of Windows on ARM etc?

—Michael@BWC

• Options

@BWC , you touched on a valid point in my personal opinion. I will try to get more insight from our PM team.

• Options
    FJCBAFJCBA Newbie ✭

Hi,

Please let me add to the debate that on the new Microsoft Copilot+ Surface Pro that just came out last week, on a freshly installed Windows 11 Pro without any software, Sonicwall Mobile Client does not work (see the caps).

Therefore remote work is not happening with our Sonicwall and we need to replace it urgently.

This is not good business. I am Jack's disappointment 😕

• Options
    nickfosternickfoster Newbie ✭

Another user here with a Windows 11 Pro Surface device on 64-bit ARM chipset. Please can you sort the NetExtender Client issue out ASAP, or provide a suitable alternative solution. Your support agents are little to no help on the phone and there are clearly many users experiencing this same issue.

Get a grip!