Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Options

Certain websites won’t open.

I am having an issue where I cannot access certain websites such as Amazon and Staples, can’t figure out why those sites won’t load.
Category: Entry Level Firewalls

Answers

• Options
    Firewalls_comFirewalls_com Newbie ✭

Hello,

While there are a multitude of possible options this could be, ranging from endpoint software to the sites having issues, from the sounds of it, the two given sites are under category shopping, it is possible that you have CFS enabled, and set to block Category 38, Shopping. You can check the Category Rating of websites directly on the Firewall from Device > Diagnostics > URL Rating Request (For a gen 7) or from capturelabs.sonicwall.com Lookup Tools > Content Filtering. I would look into the System Logs to see if you notice the Firewall blocking these (Monitor > Logs > System Logs.)

Thank you,

Firewalls.com

• Options
    LeighproctLeighproct Newbie ✭
    The weird thing is it only it does it on Chrome and Edge and not Firefox.
  • Options
    ArkwrightArkwright All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

Look at Network tab in web developer tools.

• Options
    LeighproctLeighproct Newbie ✭
    What should I be looking for.
  • Options
    Firewalls_comFirewalls_com Newbie ✭

Hello,

In that case, this might be related to a new issues that has cropped up lately regrading an update to Chromium based browsers. If you could check the article linked below, you will see the SonicWALL Article for this. If you are able to turn this off, then this might resolve your issues. SonicWALL is currently looking into getting a HotPatch out in the meantime.

https://www.sonicwall.com/support/knowledge-base/websites-randomly-gets-blocked-or-allowed-with-no-changes-made-after-browser-upgrades-v124/240422222041287/

Thank you,

Firewalls.com