Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Options

issue saving excel files when connected via Netextender

PtranPtran Newbie ✭

We have the following issue at our company when working from home and you are connected via wifi and Netextender to access the company's network.

When you work in excel files that are located on the network drive and you try to save the file then you give from time the error "document not saved". It breaks the auto save function of office and removes the lock file of excel in the source folder and leaves also a .tmp file behind that you cannot open.

I initially thought it was the antivirus but after extensive tests, I have narrowed the issue down to Netextender. See below link that describes the same behavior: https://www.reddit.com/r/sonicwall/comments/sbxlj8/macroenabled_excel_files_over_sslvpn_failing/

I tried the solution that was mentioned and disabled the option (Restrict Transfer of MS-Office type files containing macros) in all protocols but this has not solved the issue.

Does anybody know if this restriction is also implemented somewhere else or do I need to look also at another option?

Thank you in advance.

Category: VPN Client

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    MarkDMarkD Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

Do you have GAV enabled, if so temporarily disable and test.

Have you reviewed the event logs?

• Options
    MarkDMarkD Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

Hope this solves your issue 😀