Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Options

App Control and Content Filter Service not working after firmware upgrade to 6.5.4.14-109n

We have a NSA 2650 in our network which I upgraded its firmware to 6.5.4.14-109n last week. After the upgrade, I noticed the App Control and Content Filtering is not working. I verified all settings and they are on as expected. But sites are going through. Even Adult sites are opening and multimedia apps are working on both Android and Apple devices. Just for info, we do not have DPI-SSL but it was working as expected before firmware upgrade even without DPI-SSL.

Category: Firewall Security Services

Answers

• Options
    WarrenWarren Newbie ✭

I have the same problem on a TZ600

• Options
    JHartJHart Newbie ✭

I had this exact thing this week except on a NSA 3600. There is a hot fix that support gave me and it's worked. The name of the file was sw_nsa-3600_eng_6.5.4.14-111n--HFGEN6-2333-21n_6.5.4_release_6_5_4_1_21n_1295648.sig

Maybe you can download it and install it like you did for the firmware, but check for your firewall model. Make sure to backup and export your config before applying.