Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Options

TZ270 Session time-out settings don't seem to work

The session times out in a few minutes no matter how I set the timeout values. What am I doing wrong?

Category: Entry Level Firewalls

Answers

• Options
    MarkDMarkD Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

session times for what exactly

• Options
    WBHTZ270WBHTZ270 Newbie ✭

Thanks, sorry I wasn't clearer. I'm working in configuring addresses, and NAT settings for 12 internal ip addresses on a TZ270. I test by setting a laptop to one of the internal addresses and pinging and telnetting from another on the same internal net. Often, but the time I've finished configuring the laptop to listen (a few minutes), the configuration user session has timed out and I have to log in again. I've tried changing the settings in Users→Settings→User Sessions, but it doesn't seem to make any difference. Thanks.

• Options
    MarkDMarkD Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

Is the traffic actually passing through the firewall from one interface to another or is this on the same subnet.

• Options
    WBHTZ270WBHTZ270 Newbie ✭

Thanks @Markd. Yes traffic is passing through the firewall externally to internally and vice-versa. I don't understand the relevance of your question to the time-out period of the user interface for configuration.