Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Options

When I setup an HTTPS bookmark in a virtual office group, the device's url prepends to bookmark

TechlisalhTechlisalh Newbie ✭

I am trying to setup an HTTPS bookmark for Virtual Office group. I enter the url, but when the user clicks it, the device url prepends the one I entered, so it doesn't work. Please tell me how to stop this from happening.

I found I can setup the bookmark as an external URL, but this opens in a small window and the user has to click OK to a message about leaving the site.

Category: SSL VPN

Answers

• Options

as an example, if i make the bookmark's URL outlook.exchangeserver.com when the bookmark is clicked it shows as vo.ourcompany.com/go/https://outlook.exchangeserver.com

• Options
    BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

@Techlisalh that's the way how it's implemented, because every request is "rewritten" by the Firewall when accessed via VirtualOffice. It's not comparable with Application Offloading which you might know from the SonicWall SMA, which would be probably a better solution for your demand.

But even the SMA is handling HTTP Bookmarks in the same way and this does not work with all applications, Application Offloading is key here.

—Michael@BWC

• Options

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by application offloading. I'm trying to give client's access to OWA on our exchange server, which is behind the firewall. I use an external bookmark which works.

• Options
    BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

Application Offloading is some form of reverse proxying which is only available on SonicWall SMA appliances, not via plain Firewall. OWA (and ActiveSync) is directly supported with SMA.

If you specify an external boomark on the Firewall the traffic between client and server (OWA) has to be accessible to the public and renders the Virtual Office useless, right?

—Michael@BWC