Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Options

Why can Microsoft Edge get through the blocked URI character.ai but other browsers can't.

I put "character.ai" on my blocked uri list on an older TZ350 model firewall we have with gateway advance security license. Everything works like it should with any combination of website I want to be blocked and browser being used execpt for the website "character.ai". Using Chrome or Firefox it pulls up my custom message saying its block. However if anyone uses Edge on any computer to go the site it goes straight through without being blocked. I have added both IP addresses of the website to the uri list also with no change. We do not use Edge but students might use it to get around certain Chrome or Google Workspace restrictions. Maybe it has something to do with it being character.ai instead of .com? But then why wouldn't it block the ip adresses for the site in Edge only also? Don't know. Looking for help with this.

Category: Entry Level Firewalls

Answers