Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Options

Support announcement hiding in Capture Security Center

LarryLarry All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

March 28, 2024 - I logged in to MySonicWall to access Capture Security Center so I could check the Wireless Network Manager settings at a client site.

Before I could do so, there was a pop-up "announcement" that reads:

New SonicWall Voice System Is Now Live!

We are thrilled to announce the introduction of our new Voice Interactive Voice Response (IVR) system. This innovative technology will help streamline your connection to our support team, making troubleshooting and assistance more efficient.

Key benefits:

The system will recognize the serial number and connect you with the right support team for the product.

A callback option so you don't have to wait on the phone.

Speak or enter your existing open case or ticket number and system connects you with your assigned support representative.

Simply dial our toll-free number as usual and follow the steps.

NOTE: We highly encourage you to open a web case via MySonicWall account for prompt service. Web or phone cases, both are now being treated with the same priority.

Someone at SonicWall thought placing this valuable information here was a good idea, because if I had not logged on, I would never have seen it.

However, this new information runs counter to some of the training and information that was issued just last year about how to obtain support for devices and firmware - with an extreme distinction between email only versus phone calls.

Although anything that eliminates listening to that horrendous music is greatly appreciated!

Has anyone else seen this pop-up? And if so, where did you encounter it? What are your reactions?

Category: Water Cooler

Comments

• Options
    LarryLarry All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

Oh, good heavens! What an awful new solution.

The IVR doesn't seem to recognize the Serial Number, despite repetition. I'm not even sure spelling each letter (e.g., B as in Bravo) was helpful.

Once on hold though, the new music - which is bright, and cherry, and even more annoying than the previous wait tune - is SO VERY LOUD that I hung up. So, with only one call, I will NEVER wait in a queue, and will always answer the prompt, "Would you like a call back?" in the affirmative.