Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Options

Kudos to SonicWall for a little thing

LarryLarry All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

Two years ago (March 2022), I asked Support about licensing two SonicWave outdoor access points. They were purchased and installed one month apart, and I wanted the exact termination date. So, I tried to co-terminate them via MySonicWall. It wouldn't let me, leading me to create a support case. "As per SonicWall policy, SonicWave 231o is not eligible for co-termination. We request that you contact sales for further options."

I wrote to my inside channel sales partner and asked what SonicWall could do. After a few weeks, the response was that these devices - for some reason - could not be co-terminated.

Dismayed, I let it go.

Well, both are up for service renewal in April and May, and I figured, let me see if I can accomplish this before I issue new licenses that will not have matching end dates.  I learned the KB article https://www.sonicwall.com/support/knowledge-base/what-is-service-co-termination/170503815832199/ was last updated almost a year ago.

Sure enough, I got these two devices to have matching end dates. MySonicWall now reports the one for April has been extended to mid-May, and the one for the end of May moved back to mid-May.

So, thank you, SonicWall, for making my maintenance chores just a little bit easier.

Category: SonicWave

Comments

• Options
    LarryLarry All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

Gonna take this back.

The SUBSCRIPTIONS change date; however, the actual LICENSED dates do not change.

What a horrific mess - I'm sorry I promoted this as a positive - it is totally flawed!