Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Options

VPN Issue - 24/7 Support Call?

Hi, I'm trying to troubleshoot an urgent issue with a new site to site VPN and I've tried calling the 24/7 support line for both UK and USA and I only end up on music indefinitely. How am I able to access the 24/7 support?

(I've raised an email case - just in case).

Isn't there 24/7 phone support?

Thanks.

Category: Entry Level Firewalls

Answers

• Options
    AvellanoAvellano Newbie ✭

In case someone here can help - I've got a VPN where I can ping from the remote end into a subnet, but can't ping from the subnet to the remote end beyond the router.

I have another VPN with the same settings the doesn't have this issue.

I assume there's an access rule in there somewhere, or missing, but I can't spot it.

• Options
    BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

@Avellano best approach is to do a Packet-Monitor on the side where the ping is expected (or do it on both sides) to check if anything gets dropped and work up from here. Within the Packet-Monitor you can see if the echo request gets dropped, routed to the wrong interface, gets forwarded but not answered by the endpoint or simply just don't reach the other side.

It's a bit tricky to answer such a general question.

--Michael@BWC

• Options
    AvellanoAvellano Newbie ✭

Sorted. Need to dig into this a bit but the Windows firewalls were blocking the communication. Didn't have this issue before adding the TZ570. Need to determine what rules the TZ needs setting at the Windows level.