Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Options

SonicWall TZ270 management question

I am pretty new to SonicWall world and just started with a purchase of TZ270 two weeks ago.
I have a few questions:
1. Why is the magic wizard not showing "Public Site Guide" when I log in through mysonicwall.com>avaliable services>Network Security Manager>Firewall view.
But it will show up if I login locally.
2. The same thing happens to the Packet Monitor- it is there if I logged on locally and missing if I logged on via NSM.
Category: Network Security Manager

Answers

• Options
    ArkwrightArkwright All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

The short [but not very insightful] answer is "because that's how it's designed". The things that you can do from NSM are a subset of the things you can do directly from the firewall UI.

• Options
    Alec_BLAlec_BL Newbie ✭

It is hard to believe that cloud management was designed with less functionality than the local device management!

• Options
    ArkwrightArkwright All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

An annoying aspect of this is that if I start/stop a packet capture from the firewall [I cannot see how to do this in NSM], this causes a "config out of sync" event requiring manual resync of the firewall from NSM. This is without changing any parameters in the packet capture.

It seems to me that this product was not very well thought through.