Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Options

VPN DHCP leases not working after moving LAN interface from X0 to X24

Hi All,

I sometimes use the Sonicwall Global VPN client to access our network remotely. Recently I changed the firewall LAN interface to use X24 instead of X0. It's still the same LAN zone. I made all the exact same sub-interfaces with the same settings. I'm not sure what changed, But I'm now unable to establish a remote connection with the Global VPN client.

When I attempt to connect now, it connects but the status in the Global VPN client reads "Acquiring IP." This will eventually fail. BTW, our DHCP server is in the LAN zone.

I've been through all the routing policy, NAT, access rules. I can't find where this would be. I imagine it was some type of rule that is applied to X0.

Can anyone think of what this might be?

Category: Mid Range Firewalls

Answers

• Options
    prestonpreston Enthusiast ✭✭
    edited February 17

if you are using the Internal DHCP not an external DHCP server it uses X0 subnet by default, have you just moved the interface to use X24 SFP Interface? and are not using X0 anymore? if so set the interface up on X0 as you did before and portshield the X24 to X0 and it will all work again, make sure you re-set up the DHCP server settings for X0), if you are using HA you will need to disable the HA then enable the option in the Diag page to enable Portshield in HA, then re-enable the HA and then set up the Portshield.

just to clarify you don't need anything plugged in X0 for this to work just X24

• Options
    OESTechOESTech Newbie ✭

ok thanks I'm not sure I understand. My DHCP server is a Windows server with an IP address in the LAN zone.

• Options
    prestonpreston Enthusiast ✭✭

The cleaner way to do what I said previously which would also ensure any rules aren't affected is to run your current config through the migration tool ,when you get to the interface page select 1 to 1 mapping, then swap X0 and X24 around and then continue with the wizard and export the config,

login to the device using the MGMNT interface and import the config file, when rebooted then just portshield X24 to the X0 Interface.

https://migratetool.global.sonicwall.com/