Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Options

Cannot access Newly opened Ip Addresses

Hello!

I am having an issue, I am setting up IP Cameras for my company and i recently opened 2 ranges of IP Addresses, 192.168.3.2 - 192.168.3.254 with gateway 192.168.3.1 as shown in the photo, but i am unable to ping these addresses once i connected my cameras, how do i solve this issue?

Thank you!

Category: Mid Range Firewalls

Answers

• Options
    MustafaAMustafaA SonicWall Employee

In order to provide comprehensive assistance, it is essential to have additional information, specifically regarding the origin of your attempt to ping 192.168.3.231. If your intention is to ping between two distinct subnets, the initial step involves checking the Access Rule(s) in place. For a thorough analysis of packet flow, it is highly recommended to utilize the Packet Monitor tool. This tool offers valuable insights into the flow of packets, facilitating effective troubleshooting.

• Options
    NathanNathan Newbie ✭

The IP address ranges are in the access rules, it was automactically added when I added the new range, but I am still unable to ping these ip addresses