Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Options

Static routes with Layer 3 switch and Dual WAN

SonicWALL firewall connected Layer 3 switch, all VLAN at Layer 3 switch (Cisco) , I added a static route for VLAN based on the article, and the internet working for all VLAN. https://www.sonicwall.com/support/knowledge-base/how-can-i-configure-static-routes-in-sonicos/170505813100854/

We have two internet lines, I always need some VLAN need to access the internet VIA 2nd internet,

Now all the VLAN accessing the internet VIA primary WAN.

Thank you for

Category: High End Firewalls
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    ArkwrightArkwright All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

Is this the question?

I always need some VLAN need to access the internet VIA 2nd internet,

If so, let's assume that your second internet is on X2. Create a route policy with Source "VLAN-10", destination of Any, interface X2, gateway, "X2 Default Gateway".

• Options
    binobino Newbie ✭
    edited February 12

Yes, that is the question,

I understand what you mentioned, but it's not a router on a stick. it's Multilayer Switch Inter-VLAN Routing.

Layer 3 switch is my VLAN gateway for all VLANs (SVI)

• Options
    ArkwrightArkwright All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

You just said "some VLAN", you didn't say which one. Your screenshot showed the object "VLAN-10" in a route policy, so I assumed that's the one you were asking about.

Anyway, a route policy to send traffic from one or more networks isn't going to look too different to what I suggested, so I am sure you can work it out.