Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Options

How can I connect a Mikrotik router to a Sonicwall firewall TZ370 and gain internet access?

Hello,

Can someone help me on how can I configure this Mikrotik router to be able to gain access to the internet and have a separate network using the router? I know that the X0 is the default LAN for Sonicwall but is it possible configure the X3 as LAN port and connect the mikrotik router? How will I be able to achieve that? The Mikrotik router will be used for a site to site VPN for our VoIP connections. It was configured before and it was directly connected to our another ISP before, but that ISP connection was terminated and I have to connect the router to our main ISP.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Category: Entry Level Firewalls
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    brybry Newbie ✭

and our main ISP is connected to our Sonicwall. I want to connect the Mikrotik router to have a separate network and gain internet access.

• Options
    ArkwrightArkwright All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

By default on smaller Routerboard, ether1 is a DHCP client. So you could just plug that straight in to X3 of your Sonicwall.

How you configure X3 next is up to you.

You could either add it to portshield group with X0 then it will be part of your X0 LAN.

Or you could create a new Zone for X3 and configure it with a new IP, create a DHCP scope [or change Routerboard ether1 to static], and create Zone -> WAN access rules to allow the router to bring up the VPN. And some BWM rules to give voice priority. This is probably the better approach.