Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Options

Create the same VLAN across multiple interfaces

I am familiar with how to create vlans using sub-interfaces. But what if I want to create the same vlans across multiple interfaces? For example: say I have X0 with sub-interfaces VLAN100, VLAN200, & VLAN300 and I want those same vlans to also be on X2, X3, and X4. Would I portshield X2, X3, and X4 to X0? Or do I need to create VLAN100, VLAN200, & VLAN300 on X2, X3, and X4 as well? Or is there a different method? I'm using a TZ670 on SonicOS 7, btw.

Category: Entry Level Firewalls

Best Answer

• Options
    CORRECT ANSWER
    prestonpreston Enthusiast ✭✭
    edited January 29 Answer ✓

@emilward , it all depends on what you are trying to achieve, if you want redundancy use a LAG,

if you want them to go to separate switches then use Port-Shielding, they will need to have trunk ports created the same and not be linked to the other switches because of the obvious looping.

if you want to separate the VLANs on different Interfaces you need to use Native Bridging so in your example you could put X0:VLAN100 on X4 ( X4 would be native bridged to X0:VLAN100) but this would be then Un-Tagged on X4 as apposed to Tagged on X0

Answers