Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Options

using "SSL VPN CLIENT DOWNLOAD URL" crash the Sonicwall with SonicOS 7.1.1-7040

Hi to all,

I have some NSa and TZ testet with custom download URL vor Netextender. After a Client try to download the Netextender, the Firewall crash and the firewall is rebooting. There is no matter if the download is initial from Netextender or from VirtualOffice. With the latest SonicOS 7.0.1 I did not see any problem. I know there ar some known bugs with virtualOffice. Is this also aknown Bug, or should I open a case? Maybe someone have the same problem.

Tanks for any feedback.

Category: SSL VPN

Answers

• Options
    BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

@Alexander_Bertol welcome to the club. I did experienced the crash only when downloading is done through Virtual Office, but maybe I was just "lucky".

--Michael@BWC

• Options
    DaFOBDaFOB Newbie ✭

We are facing random reboot issues as well with SSL VPN after upgrading to SonicOS 7.1.1-7040. There must be a bug in the latest update.

We have HA, and each morning when users connect to the SSL VPN via the NetExtender, the SonicWall crashes and reboots which then fails over to the HA backup device.

Seems to happen randomly multiple times throughout the day. We've opened a ticket but haven't gotten a fix yet. We are probably going to revert back to the previous firmware.