Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Options

VOIP and Verizon Best Practices

Having some issues with my Verizon VOIP phones on my TZ. I set up basic VOIP per the best practices without using the SIP transformation. Anyhow, all was working, but now they are havign issues registering for the last five days without any firewall changes. Any best way to troubleshoot this issue?

Let me know if you need more details.

Thanks, Don

TZ570, 7.1.1-7040  with content filter

Using two WANs with load balance

VOIP on there own VLAN with VOIP objects and policies created per the article. https://www.sonicwall.com/support/knowledge-base/how-to-configure-voip-to-use-any-voip-phone-system-best-practices/210615132522720/

Skill level: better than novice, but still hunt, learn, and peck.

Category: Entry Level Firewalls
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    TippersTippers Newbie ✭

I'd start with a packet capture on the TZ, filter the IP address of one of the IP handsets or the provider that they're connecting to. Export the capture and open in Wireshark to analyse. In Wireshark use the Telephony menu and SIP Flows to hopefully see a bit more clearly what each session is trying to do and where it fails.

• Options
    DonGentleDonGentle Newbie ✭

I'll give that a try. I did an MTU ping and brought down the size consierably. That seemed to help but I'm not sure if it was just a fluke. Thanks again for the response.